Section 1 – What we do with your information.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates. Card details will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's systems. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. We will ask for your telephone number, this is particularly relevant to our courier service if used by the customer. Such details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
Section 2 - Consent
How do you get my consent? When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. How do I withdraw my consent? If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Sunstoppers, Shop 312 Musgrave Centre Durban 4001
Section 3 - Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Section 4 - Shopify
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (http://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (http://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
Section 5 – Third-party Services
Section 6 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Section 7 - Cookies
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc). •
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
Section 8 – Age of Consent
Section 11: What we do with your information
Sunstoppers may use your personal information for the processing of orders, payments and to provide you with a personalized shopping experience. We will also use your details to fulfill and deliver your orders and manage your account. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body. We may also use your personal information to send you marketing updates but only ever in accordance with your preferences (as detailed in the next section). We do not sell your details to third party marketing companies. We do collate information about site traffic, sales, wish lists, and other commercial information which we retain for our own records but this information does not include any information which can identify you personally. Finally, we may use your personal information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, together with non-personal data to monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our site design to better meet our visitors' needs.
Section 12: Marketing opt-in and opt-out provision
When you register, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular update service which will send you:
- Email alerts for new products and collections, news features, special offers, exclusive events that we're hosting or participating in, and one-off marketing promotions. Such alerts may include marketing information about Sunstoppers or selected collaborative business partners.
- Direct mail alerts for new products and collections, special offers, exclusive events that we're hosting or participating in, and one-off marketing promotions.
- We do not sell or otherwise pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes. At all times, we will offer you the opportunity to unsubscribe out of any service or update to which you have subscribed, if you change your mind. Any e-mail we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of that particular mailer. Simply follow the indications in the email. Alternatively you can change your email preferences or opt out of receiving email all updates by going to our newsletter page and following the instructions to unsubscribe.
Section 13: How you can access and if necessary, change the personal information we maintain
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by Sunstoppers is not correct, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update details. Upon your request, the Customer Care department, may access your personal data from the website using your password and User ID. Information may be changed online within My Account, Shipping Details, and My Email Preferences. Credit/debit card details are not stored on any of our systems for security reasons. If you change your billing or shipping address while your order is still being processed, please contact Sunstoppers, otherwise your order maybe shipped to the original address. If you prefer, you may contact us by email at email@example.com and we will amend your personal details